Pfizer Egypt, Cairo (Full-time employment)
– Initially Finance Manager, Business Finance (Egypt / Levant / Iraq Cluster)
– Change in reporting line to Business Finance Centre Team Manager in UK
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Business Finance Centre (BFC) in Pfizer, reporting in to the BFC team based in Walton Oaks (UK). Following the successful establishment of the BFC in Europe, the BFC support model is now being expanded to cover Africa & the Middle East (AfME). As a BFC Senior Partner, you will work closely with the market-based Business Finance teams across AfME, as well as certain other stakeholders in the AfME business, providing high-quality analytics and decision support. You will also be an enabler for digital tools development and implementation and support the continuous improvement of Business Finance processes & interactions.
The BFC model is targeted to go-live in AfME in Q4 2020. You will play an integral role as a member of the project team preparing for this go-live. Between now and Q4 2020, you will also support the Egypt / Levant / Iraq (ELI) business in an FP&A Managerial capacity. You will report to an ELI Finance Manager until the BFC go-live and will work very closely with the Market Finance team in Egypt.
Primary Responsibilities as BFC Senior Partner:
- Lead the planning, preparation and completion of all defined BFC deliverables for assigned markets / BUs with particular focus on OP / forecast baseline projection, enabling successful submissions in Mosaic, standard financial slide preparation and offline template consolidation
- Provide information, metrics and insight to Local / Cluster and Regional finance colleagues to support and inform planning, decision making, performance reviews and other key discussions and interactions through accurate historical data collection, revenue trend analysis and cost validation
- Work with BFC and Local / Cluster and Regional finance colleagues, as required, to ensure deliverables are produced and completed as defined within BFC processes
- Act as point of contact to supported cluster and market FDs for all BFC deliverables.
- Act as point of contact / escalation for specific Finance colleagues, providing information and responding to requests as required
- Actively build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders , so that their challenges and needs and the business context they work in is understood within the BFC
- Handle and complete any urgent / exception requests received within agreed timelines, ensuring that backlogs of requests are actively managed and eliminated quickly
- Participate in the BFC community of practice for key specializations, supporting a focus on the optimization and continuous improvement of BFC processes, deliverables, interactions, skills and tools
Primary Interim Responsibilities as FP&A Manager (ELI Cluster):
- Provide and interpret financial information for market stakeholders in the ELI Cluster, offering insights about the ELI Cluster’s financial performance and position.
- Support OP / Forecast / Monthly Review processes by compiling and preparing information for analysis and presentation, and ensuring all system submissions are completed on time.
- Perform variance analyses on deviations to targets and, as required, make recommendations on any necessary corrective measures.
- Work with the local accounting team to ensure appropriate accounting treatment of financial transactions, and ensure good data quality in underlying financial information.
- Review and monitor Accounts Receivable in ELI markets, providing regular reporting and commentary.
- Provide ad hoc analyses, as required, to support the business’ needs, and perform periodic profitability analyses in to certain business activities.
- Develop strong professional working relationships with local stakeholders inside and outside of Finance.
Required Skills, Experience and Approach
- Education to degree level or equivalent, professional accreditation or MBA / Masters in Finance / Accounting is a plus (candidates may also be studying towards these qualifications)
- 3-5 years of directly-relevant experience, including reporting, analysis, planning, budgeting, forecasting, commentary, and financial modeling
- Able to utilize financial tools (e.g. Global and Local Mosaic) and financial modeling, proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.), and adaptable to work with new generation technology
- Good verbal / written communication & presentational skills are a must, as is fluent English & Arabic. Ability to interact with and influence stakeholders virtually is also a requirement of the role.
- Readiness to work in a culturally-diverse organization is a pre-requisite.
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve. Relevant professional skills include; project planning & delivery, attention to detail, time management, and critical thinking.
- Detail-oriented but also able to think strategically, identifying broader themes from data and communicate relevant insights.
- Able to exercise independent judgement and confident enough to put forward suggestions about improvements
- Sense of accountability, team-mindset, customer needs orientation, collaborative and flexible workstyle, and a desire to learn
- Available to travel occasionally
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Finance & Accounting